FAFSA Information Page
6 months ago
By Sarah Bass
What is FAFSA?
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the application you will use to apply for federal student aid programs offered by the U.S. Department of Education (ED). Filling out the FAFSA is free and gives you access to the largest source of financial aid to help pay for college.
Many states and colleges use your FAFSA data to determine your eligibility for state aid and school aid.
Application Begins: October 1, 2018
Federal Student Aid includes:
- Work-study funds
- Student loans
When do I submit my FAFSA?
- If you plan to attend college from July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019, you can submit the FAFSA NOW.
- The deadline for FAFSA applications is June 30, 2019.
- Apply as soon as possible - Some states have limited financial aid funds - You could miss out on aid if you wait until the last minute to apply!
- fafsa.gov has built-in help to guide you through the application process
- fafsa.gov uses "skip logic" that allows you to skip questions that don't apply to you
- the schools you list on your FAFSA will receive your processed information faster
- You can download and complete a PDF FAFSA (go to fafsa.gov and scroll to FAFSA Filing Options).
- You can order and complete a paper version of the PDF FAFSA (you may request up to three copies of the PDF FAFSA by calling 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243).
over 2 years ago
- www.get2college.org - ACT/SAT prep, scholarships, college costs, FAFSA questions
- Go See Campus - A completely free resource for planning campus visits and making the most of the college search
about 1 year ago
- Our high school code number is #251-180
- Testmasters - ACT practice tests
- www.march2success.com - ACT/SAT practice tests
- www.actstudent.org/testprep/ - ACT practice tests
- http://www.highfivescholarships.com/resources - Great college resource site with online ACT and SAT test prep
Can you answer the SAT Question of the Day?
Click Here to Find Out!
about 1 year ago
Dr. Bennett and Kayla Weathers will be at OGHS on 2/9/19 during PH A to visit with all students who have enrolled at Southern Miss for the fall 2019 semester. They might even have a little gift for those students. Please put this important date on your calendar.
University of Southern Mississippi
Admissions Counselor | South/Central Mississippi
Office of Admissions and Scholarships
11 months ago
Senior Dues are currently $85.00.
STUDENTS WILL NOT RECEIVE THEIR CAP AND GOWN UNTIL SENIOR DUES ARE PAID IN FULL.
(On-line at MySchoolBucks, cash, or checks made payable to OGHS) If paying in person, please see Mrs. Rogers in the counselors' office.
Senior Dues will increase by $5 per month.